Pregnant with a toddler around

This pregnancy felt 10 times harder than first. 

 I remember I didn't feel great with my first child, Erica, as well but I was able to handle most of the discomforts (nausea, headaches, pains) through rest. Just reading on my sofa, taking a nap from time to time during the day, or slowing everything down. Impossible all of these with Erica around now. She started also not to take naps in the afternoon, therefore no break.

It's not only this, Erica's energy but the more belly grew, the more clingy she started to be. It feels she gets more and more scared, even though I try to reassure, to present everything with enthusiasm and with love how it will be with the baby inside the house. Most recently she started to say I am only and only hers, those two hands are hers, my head is hers, all of my body is hers. Plus she is a baby again, she wants to be hold in arms like a baby; a great regress she has, that sometimes blocks me. 

I had some contractions and I wanted to lie down on my ball. Erica saw me and the relaxation moment finished in one minute, as she jumped up, being happy that she is there, playing for another few minutes. In the end like this, with her on my back, the contractions got worse, not better. However, I tried to find my humor and I took a picture out of this situation.

How is/ was for you second pregnancy? all these sounds familiar? how did you handle it?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School - First Day of School!

sleeping well

out of a great chaos, a new life will come soon