going home

It's getting closer to go home. I am happy!!! Erica, my daughter, couldn't come to see us, only my partner for one hour per day (pandemic rules). 

We staid 3 days here in order to have this examination 2 for the newborn babies. This includes also a hearing screening, which was done twice today, while Ava was sleeping. 


I kept reading during pregnancy different articles about how to handle with your first child when the second one is born. I had this strong wish not to fail in introducing Ava to Erica, and to start the first weeks with the right foot, to make it as easy as possible for Erica. Today, when I got so close from this moment, Erica meeting her sister and starting a different phase in our family, I started to read again, to search for ideas, experiences of other parents. It felt too much at one point. I got so overwhelmed, my space got narrow. I got so tired, streesed and sad... It feels very hard what will come next. So I close all 15 tabs with articles and books. 

Among all these, I found again this idea of giving the first child a gift, which a few weeks ago, I didn't like it at all. A friend of mine suggested it as well. Somehow now it was explained that this gift should come from her smaller sister, from Ava. Like this, I think Erica would love it, she would be very happy to receive a first gift from Ava. But I am here in hospital, we go out in the morning, no time for gift shopping. 

I started to look around the hospital room to find a solution, to improvise a small gift for Erica. By doing this, I got relaxed, amused and happy again. Erica will love it. 

We speak a lot about angels, about our angels, when we go to sleep. Erica is funny:she says we all have one angel each, only her dad has two because he is big and needs two of them.  

I found medical gloves, I made a pair of angel wings, on which I draw two girls holding hand : Erica & Ava.
Ava will bring Erica a pair of wings tomorrow. 

What was your gift for your first child? 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School - First Day of School!

sleeping well

out of a great chaos, a new life will come soon